Pirlo: "I haven't challenged Ronaldo on set-pieces yet"
Andrea Pirlo says Cristiano Ronaldo is treated like any other player at Juventus: "It's easy to have a good relationship between humble people"
Juventus coach Andrea Pirlo insisted Cristiano Ronaldo does not receive any special treatment at the Serie A giants. The Portugal captain has made a fine start to the season for Juve, scoring eight goals in his first six games.
His brace guided Juve past Cagliari 2-0 on Saturday, and Ronaldo has scored 29 of Juve's 59 Serie A goals in 2020.
Ahead of Tuesday's Champions League clash against Ferencvaros, Pirlo discussed Ronaldo – and said the five-time Ballon d'Or winner was treated like any other player.
Pirlo: "It's easy to have a good relationship between humble people"
"I haven't challenged [Ronaldo] on set-pieces yet. I treat him like I treat all the other players. I'm always available on and off the pitch," he told a news conference.
"It's easy to have a good relationship between humble people. I'm like that.
"I behave with him – a champion – like I do with [Gianluca] Frabotta or [Manolo] Portanova, who are two young players. I do the same things I was used to doing when I was a player."
All eight of Ronaldo's Serie A goals this season have come from inside the box, while he has converted 75 per cent of his big chances.
Ahead of hosting Ferencvaros, Juventus are second in Group G, three points adrift of Barcelona.
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Covid-19 vaccine in the US live updates: FDA approves Pfizer for 12-15 year olds, side effects, Indian variant...
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: $2,000 monthly stimulus, Golden State payment tracker, Child Tax Credit...
- Serie A Champions Inter Milan have 'serious financial problems' – Zanetti
- BARCELONA Neymar: Al-Khelaifi warns Barcelona not to push for Messi reunion
- NBA LeBron James injury: how long has he been out and how many games missed?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Who is Daniel Ek, the Spotify CEO who wants to buy Arsenal?