Salgado: Al-Ahly and Zamalek African final shows the quality of Egyptian football
Salgado has spoken about the African Champions League final between Zamalek and Al-Ahly, which takes place next Friday.
Former Real Madrid and Spanish national team star Míchel Salgado believes that the presence of two Egyptian clubs, Zamalek And Al-Ahly, in the African Champions League final shows how good Egyptian football is.
Salgado, who has previosuly been a member of the Egyptian national team technical staff, spoke to Egyptian TV channel "MBC Masr" ahead of the highly anticipated derby between the two biggest Egyptian teams in the African Champions League final.
The Spaniard noted that having two Egyptian teams in such a final shows the real quality of Egyptian football and its players. "I have played in many Clásicos, around 19 matches between Real Madrid and Barcelona and I know what this match means to all players. It's like a fierce battle. Al-Ahly and Zamalek's game will be like the game of the century," he said.
"It's like when Real Madrid play against Barcelona in the Champions League final, and it's great that both Ahly and Zamalek are in the final. It shows us the strength of Egyptian football and its quality" he added.
Salgado also pointed out that he knows most players well as he has already worked with most of them noting that he will definitely watch Friday's game. He suggested that it's very difficult to predict the game's result.
Al-Ahly will take on Zamalek at Cairo International Stadium on Friday. It's the first time in the history of the competition that both sides of the final happen to be from the same country.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Martin Luther King Jr Day: most famous quotes & speeches
- US POLITICS Biden-Harris reveal inauguration playlist: songs and where to listen
- NFL NFL conference championship finals: dates, times & previews
- NFL Playoff Final When and where is Super Bowl LV 2021? - Date, location & kick-off time
- NFL Patrick Mahomes injured: When could he return?
- UNITED STATES $1,400 third stimulus check updates today: when is it coming, What Biden said about it, eligibility, IRS tax | Live