Salgado: Al-Ahly and Zamalek African final shows the quality of Egyptian football
Salgado has spoken about the African Champions League final between Zamalek and Al-Ahly, which takes place next Friday.
Former Real Madrid and Spanish national team star Míchel Salgado believes that the presence of two Egyptian clubs, Zamalek And Al-Ahly, in the African Champions League final shows how good Egyptian football is.
Salgado, who has previosuly been a member of the Egyptian national team technical staff, spoke to Egyptian TV channel "MBC Masr" ahead of the highly anticipated derby between the two biggest Egyptian teams in the African Champions League final.
The Spaniard noted that having two Egyptian teams in such a final shows the real quality of Egyptian football and its players. "I have played in many Clásicos, around 19 matches between Real Madrid and Barcelona and I know what this match means to all players. It's like a fierce battle. Al-Ahly and Zamalek's game will be like the game of the century," he said.
"It's like when Real Madrid play against Barcelona in the Champions League final, and it's great that both Ahly and Zamalek are in the final. It shows us the strength of Egyptian football and its quality" he added.
Salgado also pointed out that he knows most players well as he has already worked with most of them noting that he will definitely watch Friday's game. He suggested that it's very difficult to predict the game's result.
Al-Ahly will take on Zamalek at Cairo International Stadium on Friday. It's the first time in the history of the competition that both sides of the final happen to be from the same country.
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA Barcelona's squad redesign needs to start taking shape now
- International football Zlatan facing possible FIFA ban over links to Malta betting firm
- Manchester United Solskjaer suggests Old Trafford banners to blame for home form
- CORONAVIRUS VACCINE Pfizer, Moderna and J&J/Janssen: who can get each, side effects, doses
- US Policing Why were no charges brought against the police officer who shot Jacob Blake?
- VACCINE NEWS What is a cerebral venous sinus thrombosis? Blood clot symptons and causes