MLS mourns the death of Diego Maradona
Major League Soccer sent a message after the death of Diego Maradona was announced this Wednesday at the age of 60.
The world is mourning the death of Diego Armando Maradona, who suffered cardiac arrest on 25 November at the age of 60. There have been thousands of tributes honoring the legacy of the Argentine star and Major League Soccer joined with a tribute of its own.
“Legend of the game. RIP, Diego Maradona,” read the tweet from MLS.
Legend of the game. RIP, Diego Maradona. ❤️ pic.twitter.com/nx3L4NVQWM— Major League Soccer (@MLS) November 25, 2020
The MLS also posted pictures of Maradona when he won the 1986 World Cup with Argentina, his greatest accomplishment as a footballer. The the last goal Maradona scored with Argentina in a World Cup was in USA 94 against Greece in the opening game of the group stage. He then played against Nigeria before he was banned from the tournament and the United States after testing positive for ephedrine.
MLS players pay tribute to Maradona
Important players in the league like Diego Valeri (Portland Timbers), Jozy Altidore (Toronto FC), Maximiliano Moralez (New York City FC) and the commissioner Don Garber wrote personal messages mourning the death of Maradona.
“Along with the rest of the world, MLS mourns the passing of legendary Argentine player Diego Armando Maradona, one of the best to ever play the game,” wrote Garber.
Rest In Peace to an icon 🙏🏿 https://t.co/2jyePS5IC7— Jozy Altidore (@JozyAltidore) November 25, 2020
Te recomendamos en English
- PSG Real Madrid watch as tensions grow between Mbappé and PSG
- EURO 2020 Cristiano Ronaldo becomes European Championship's record goalscorer
- NBA Who are the highest paid NBA players in 2021?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Fourth stimulus check: what organizations are in favor of a new payment?
- US News Unemployment benefits: can you keep the payments if you go back to work?
- US News Which states have abolished federal unemployment benefits and why?