African Champions League final behind closed doors
The CAF has announced that the African Champions League final will be played behind closed doors due to the covid-19 pandemic situation.
The Confederation of African Football (CAF) announced that the African Champions League final between the big two in Egypt, Al-Ahly and Zamalek, will be held behind closed doors due to the current pandemic situation, as the country is witnessing the start of a covid-19 second wave.
No fans for Champions League final
The CAF and EFA agreed that the utmost priority is the safety of African and Egyptian football fans and families in a joint statement by the two parties that was published on the CAF's official website to confirm that the long-awaited clash would be held behind closed doors.
The two Egyptian giants are facing each other for the first time in the final of the African competition with each team eyeing themselves writing a new page in its history by winning the title and defeating their rival in one game.
The match will be held on Friday 27 November at the Cairo international Stadium with the winner set to clash with RS Berkane in the Total Super Cup that will be held in Cairo.
CAF conducted covid-19 tests on the players of both squads on Wednesday and discovered that three players from each squad had recently contracted or were still suffering from the infection and will subsequently be ruled out of the game on Friday.
Abdallah Gom'aa, Youssef Obama, and Mahmoud Hamdy El-Wensh are the ones excluded from Zamalek's camp while Al-Ahly's Walid Soliman, Aleo Diang, and Saleh Gom'aa are the ones who returned positive results.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: child tax credit date, plus up payments in third check, how to claim
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK $600 Golden State Stimulus check: can I get it if I also received the third stimulus check?
- US NEWS Lyrids meteor shower 2021: dates, times and how to see in the US
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Is it possible to use the money from the stimulus check to pay the rent or the mortgage?
- CORONAVIRUS US Coronavirus US: is a third dose of the Pfizer vaccine necessary?
- US NEWS How to get Covid-19 a vaccine appointment in Florida?