Will Messi and Kun Agüero attend Maradona's wake?
The two Argentine players, who are at Barça and Manchester City, both had a special relationship with Maradona, who is the grandfather of Kun's son.
"He may have left us but he isn't gone because Diego is eternal," was how Messi say goodbye to Maradona, who died from heart failure on Wednesday. For most of his career, the Barça forward has always been compared to El Pelusa, a comparison which neither seemed to mind too much. Messi and Maradona enjoyed a great relationship, the two of them united by the passion that they both shared for football.
Messi was understandably devastated about Maradona's death and was due to take a charter flight back home so that he could say his last goodbye during the wake which being held at the Casa Rosada in Buenos Aires.
Joining the Barça star on the flight could be his good friend, Sergio Agüero, who is the father of one of Maradona's grandsons. Agüero's son Benjamin was born to Maradona's second daughter Gianinna during their four-year marriage. "I'll ever forget you. You will always be with us," the Manchester City striker wrote on his Twitter account in his own personal message to his former father-in-law.
While the relationship which Kun and Maradona had enjoyed changed after the City star divorced Gianinna, Agüero has always remained very fond of Maradona. The wake, will start at 6:00 hours ad last until 16:00.
Te recomendamos en English
- Square Enix's E3 2021 conference live updates: games, announcements, trailers
- E3 2021 Microsoft's Xbox and Bethesda conference at E3 2021 recap: games, announcements, trailers
- Euro 2020 Denmark team doctor: Eriksen was 'gone' after suffering cardiac arrest
- E3 2021 After missing E3 2021, will Sony (PlayStation) have a State of Play in the summer? When?
- EURO 2020 | GROUP F France vs Germany: Mbappé explains Giroud annoyance
- EURO 2020 France vs Germany: Benzema and Griezmann get green light