Juventus rest Ronaldo for Serie A clash with Benevento
A "tired" Cristiano Ronaldo will miss Juventus' clash against Benevento on Saturday, with head coach Andrea Pirlo confirming his absence from the side's squad.
Juventus coach Andrea Pirlo has confirmed that Cristiano Ronaldo will be rested for Saturday's trip to Benevento.
Ronaldo, 35, has made a good start to the season, scoring nine goals in seven games in all competitions.
However, the star forward will miss the trip to Benevento due to fatigue.
"Cristiano Ronaldo will take an agreed rest session because he was a bit tired after so many games," Pirlo told Juventus TV.
"It was planned that he would not come to Benevento."
Since the start of November, Ronaldo has played eight games for Juve and Portugal.
Ronaldo has converted 75 per cent of his big chances, compared to Ibrahimovic's 60, while he has created six chances.
Juventus are fourth in the Serie A table, four points adrift of Milan, ahead of their trip to Benevento.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS $1,400 third stimulus check live updates today: Biden executive order, when to expect and who will get it
- UFC UFC 257 Poirier vs McGregor: how & where to watch - times, TV, online
- PREMIER LEAGUE De Bruyne injured: how will Manchester City cope without star?
- Football AS chooses its Legends XI: The greatest soccer team ever
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Koeman concerned about fatigue, fixtures and injuries
- SERIE A Fernando Llorente close to making Udinese move