Algerian Federation declares its president tested positive for covid-19
Algerian Football Federation announced on Friday its president Kheireddine Zetchi has contracted covid-19 infection.
The Algerian governing body announced on Friday that the president of the Algerian Football Federation Kheireddine Zetchi has tested positive for covid-19. The federation revealed in a statement that Zetchi had earlier undergone a PCR a test whose result returned positive.
Zetchi is the first official at the Algerian Federation to have contracted the virus, with the medical committee of the governing body has advised that the Federation president goes into self-isolation for at least two weeks according to the health protocol followed in the country.
The recent days have witnessed an outrageous surge in covid-19 number of cases among national team players and officials.
The new season of the Algerian league commenced on Friday:
The medical committee at the Algerian Federation has earlier announced that 146 Covid-19 cases have been detected as of Thursday since the Algerian teams started their preparatory camps last September to get ready for the new league season that kick-started On Friday.
27 infections out of the 146 were among officials and medical staff members while the rest of the cases were among players of different clubs.
Algeria's Covid-19 announced figures:
Algerian has witnessed a tally of 79,110 Covid-19 infections since the pandemic started, 51,334 recoveries, and 2,352 deaths.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Third stimulus check: who is getting extra money, why and how much?
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid and Barça to battle it out for Haaland and Alaba
- EL CLÁSICO Piqué fighting until last minute for El Clásico start
- PREMIER LEAGUE Man City vs Leeds United: live!
- GOLF | AUGUSTA MASTERS 2021 Olazábal dedicates Masters cut to late compatriot Ballesteros
- EL CLÁSICO Real Madrid vs Barcelona: which players have played on both teams?