Tyson vs Jones: 'Iron Mike' wants to fight again after bout ends in draw
Boxing legends Mike Tyson and Roy Jones Jr turned back the clock on Saturday in a Los Angeles exhibition bout that ended in a draw.
Speaking after his box-office exhibition with Roy Jones Jr was ruled a draw on Saturday, Mike Tyson said he'd "absolutely" like to fight again.
Tyson, 54, and Jones, 51, turned back the clock at Los Angeles' Staples Center, where the two boxing legends stepped into the ring over eight two-minute rounds behind closed doors amid the coronavirus.
Former four-weight champion Jones fought as recently as two years ago, while ex-heavyweight king Tyson's last professional bout was in 2005.
Tyson: "I thought I won but I'm happy"
Tyson looked the better fighter despite no knockout blow, working over the body as the heavy-breathing Jones often appeared exhausted.
"I'm happy with a draw," Tyson said afterwards. "I thought I won but I'm happy because we entertained the fans.
"I'm used to doing it for three minutes. I'm just happy I got this under my belt and I'm going to continue to do more.
"We might have to try and do it again"
"Absolutely I would do this again. I'm just happy I could go eight rounds. Knockouts mean nothing, you have to be able to go the distance."
"Hell no I ain't satisfied with a draw. I wear drawers I don't do draws," Jones said.
"The dude is so strong man. Whether he hits you with his head, his body shots it don't matter everything hurts. For me I thought I did enough boxing on the outside but I'm cool with a draw. We might have to try and do it again.
"I need to talk to my family, see what they think. Thank you to everybody who sent us out the right way. If everything goes the right way and my family say it's alright, who knows."
When asked if the body shots took a toll Jones said: "They definitely hurt; the body shots are what make you exhausted."
Te recomendamos en English
- Entertainment Golden Globes 2021: hosts, presenters and special guests
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus Check: is it necessary to live in the US to be eligible for payment?
- GOLDEN GLOBE AWARDS Golden Globes 2021: times, TV and how and where to watch online
- US NEWS Third stimulus check updates today: when will Senate vote on it? New $3000 child tax credit: live
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Third stimulus check: when will the proposal be voted on in the Senate?
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks Third stimulus check: who voted in favour in the House of Representatives?