How much will Messi's Maradona tribute cost Barcelona?
The Catalan club will have to pick up the bill for their Argentine's homage to his late compatriot, Diego Armando Maradona, which took place in the win over Osasuna.
Barcelona will have to pay up to 3,000 euros to the Spanish Football Federation (RFEF) following the tribute paid by Lionel Messi to his late compatriot, Diego Armando Maradona, in the match against Osasuna.
Messi’s price worth paying for Maradona
The Blaugrana forward scored the fourth of his side's 4-0 win and lifted up his shirt, and then removed it, to reveal to the watching world and the numerous cameras pointed in his direction, another shirt. It was that of Newells Old Boys, the Argentine team that both legends of the game had played, and where Messi has said he would like to retire.
Article 91 of the RFEF's Disciplinary Code states: "The player who, after scoring a goal or for any other reason, lifts up his shirt and displays any kind of advertising, slogan, message, acronym, anagram or drawing, whatever the contents or purpose of the action, will be punished, as the author of a serious offence, with a fine of up to 3,000 euros and a warning.”
We’re quite sure that the number 10 will be happy to make that payment on this occasion.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Martin Luther King Jr Day: most famous quotes & speeches
- US POLITICS Biden-Harris reveal inauguration playlist: songs and where to listen
- NFL NFL conference championship finals: dates, times & previews
- NFL Playoff Final When and where is Super Bowl LV 2021? - Date, location & kick-off time
- NFL Patrick Mahomes injured: When could he return?
- UNITED STATES $1,400 third stimulus check updates today: when is it coming, What Biden said about it, eligibility, IRS tax | Live