Miguel Herrera to continue as the head coach of Club América
After the elimination of Club América against Chivas in the quarter-finals of the 2020 Guardianes tournament, Miguel Herrera stated that it was a failure of a season.
Club América lost twice against Chivas in the quarter-finals of the 2020 Guardianes tournament and after the elimination their head coach, Miguel Herrera, said that it was a failure of a season. After the 2-1 loss on Saturday against Guadalajara, he was asked if he was going to resign and Herrera answered that it was not up to him, but to sporting director Santiago Baños.
The bosses want Herrera to stay
According to ESPN, the bosses have decided to continue with Herrera for the next season of the Liga MX. His contract expires in 2024 and América can still win a trophy this year because they are in the CONCACAF Champions League, which resumes in December.
Right now Herrera is working alongside Baños to decide which players will leave and who will join for the next 2021 Clausura tournament of the Liga MX. So far it has been confirmed that defender Paul Aguilar will leave the club and sign for a Major League Soccer team.
América will return to practice on Tuesday to prepare for the second leg of the quarter-final against Atlanta United in the Concachampions. The game is scheduled for 16 December and América defeated the MLS team 3-0 in the first leg.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Martin Luther King Jr Day: most famous quotes & speeches
- US POLITICS Biden-Harris reveal inauguration playlist: songs and where to listen
- NFL NFL conference championship finals: dates, times & previews
- NFL Playoff Final When and where is Super Bowl LV 2021? - Date, location & kick-off time
- NFL Patrick Mahomes injured: When could he return?
- UNITED STATES $1,400 third stimulus check updates today: when is it coming, What Biden said about it, eligibility, IRS tax | Live