Barcelona: Sergi Roberto tests positive for coronavirus
FC Barcelona reported that the player was subjected to a PCR test on Tuesday, where he tested positive for covid-19. The 28-year-old is reportedly in good health at home.
Since Samuel Umtiti tested positive for coronavirus in mid-August, the Barcelona first-team squad have been subject to PCR tests twice per week. It was not until this Wednesday that the Catalan club experienced a new case of coronavirus in its squad. Sergi Roberto tested positive after a test that was submitted on Tuesday. The club has since reported that the player is asymptomatic and is self-isolating at home.
The 28-year-old is currently out injured, picking up a knock on November 21 during the match against Atlético Madrid, that leaves him on the sidelines for up to two months. Due to injury, his contact with the first team players in recent weeks has been minimal, so there is no risk of massive contagion among his teammates.
Third covid-19 case in first-team squad
The club is already working on detecting all those who have been in close contact with the player, such as physiotherapists and doctors. The Spain international is the third case of coronavirus in the first-team squad. Miralem Pjanic had to delay his official club presentation because of confinement, and French defender Samuel Umtiti also fell victim to the virus. Jean-Clair Todibo, currently on loan at Benfica, also tested positive during the month of August, when he was doing his pre-season at the Ciutat Esportiva.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Third stimulus check updates today: when will we get $1400 | House passed $1.9 trillion bill: live
- PREMIER LEAGUE We were lucky - City boss praises West Ham after landmark win
- BARCELONA Barcelona player ratings after comfortable Sevilla win
- NFL Is a trade between Russell Wilson and Dak Prescott possible?
- NBA Raptors roll on as Spain coach Scariolo fills in for absent Nurse
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS House approves Biden relief bill: what are the next steps and when will stimulus check will passed?