RS Berkane: No word from CAF about Super Cup date or venue
The Moroccan outfit announced they haven't been officially informed of the date or stadium for their African Super cup game against African Champions Al-Ahly
A spokesperson for Moroccan side RS Berkane of Ketabi Al-Hussain said that the Confederation Cup Champions are ready for the African Super Cup game against Al-Ahly but added that the club hasn't been informed of the date of the game or the venue that will be hosting the event.
The spokesperson expressed his club's desire to play the game in Qatar as was the case in the two previous Super Cup finals as CAF had earlier signed a three-year contract with the Qatari governing body enabling the Asian country to host the event in three consecutive seasons.
However, a few weeks ago the Qatari association and CAF released a statement declaring that this year's Super Cup will be hosted by Egypt instead of Qatar due to the busy agenda of the Qatari Association.
"RS Berkane will be committed to CAF's decision but the latter has had an agreement with Qatari Association that Qatar would be hosting the event for three seasons," he said. "We don't mind playing the game in any country but we are abiding by the agreement with Qatar. CAF hasn't determined the date of the game yet".
Al-Ahly who managed to win their record ninth Champions League title last week over historic rival Zamalek are set to take on RS Berkane who secured the Confederation Cup title over Pyramids FC of Egypt in the "Total" Super Cup in Cairo with CAF is yet to decide on the date of the encounter.
Te recomendamos en English
- 2021 MLS SEASON Inter Miami: 2021 MLS regular-season schedule
- SERIE A Cristiano Ronaldo missing for Juventus' trip to Atalanta
- QATAR 2022 Tim Cahill, aiming for success in new Aspire Academy role
- COPA DEL REY Copa del Rey winners list: who has lifted the most Copas?
- BASEBALL Dodgers blow as Cody Bellinger suffers hairline fracture in left fibula
- NBA Simmons backs Embiid for MVP: "I don't know how to stop him!"