AFC Champions League: Suwon Samsung Bluewings complete east-region last-16 line-up
Following the conclusion of the group stage, we now know which eight teams will be contesting the AFC Champions League east-region round of 16.
Suwon Samsung Bluewings of South Korea were the last team to qualify for the round of 16 in the AFC Champions League east region as they secured second place in Group G on the last matchday of the group stage.
The South Korean side managed to defeat Japanese outfit Vissel Kobe 2-0 on Friday to book their last-16 ticket, knocking the two-time champions Guangzhou Evergrande of China out of the competition as both teams earned five points out of their fixtures.
Suwon Samsung Bluewings will take on Yokohama F. Marinos in the round of 16 after they finished top of the standings in Group H after gaining 13 points in the group stage on Monday hoping they can go further in the competition in their AFC Champions League debut.
Vissel Kobe, who secured first place in Group G with six points despite Friday's defeat, will clash with Group H runners-up Shanghai SIPG.
Round of 16 fixtures are set to be held next Sunday and Monday with all teams eyeing a spot in the final against Iranians Persepolis, who secured their berth in the final earlier when the AFC Champions League west region resumed in Qatar.
AFC Champions League round-of-16 fixtures (east)
Beijing FC vs FC Tokyo
Ulsan Hyundai FC vs Melbourne Victory
Vissel Kobe vs Shanghai SIPG FC
Yokohama F. Marinos vs Suwon Samsung Bluewings
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: medal winners, athletes and results, 24 July
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN How much money can you get from stimulus checks and the Child Tax Credit?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 24 July
- Olympic Games Since when is skate an olympic sport and why?
- OLYMPIC GAMES What is the USA basketball roster for the 2021 Tokyo Olympic Games?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USWNT bounce back in crushing 6-1 New Zealand win