PSG still considering Messi signing
Neymar wants to reunite with Lionel Messi next season, but could it happen at Paris Saint-Germain?
PSG are exploring the possibility of signing Barcelona star Messi, according to ESPN.
With uncertainty still surrounding his future, the Barcelona star is apparently wanted by PSG.
Messi, 33, is contracted at Barcelona until the end of the season, having stayed at the club after sensationally requesting to leave earlier this year.
Along with Manchester City and Inter, PSG have been among the clubs most heavily linked with a move for the Argentina international.
The report says Neymar and sporting director Leonardo have discussed bringing Messi to PSG.
PSG are exploring the possibility of signing Lionel Messi this summer, sources have told @LaurensJulien.— ESPN FC (@ESPNFC) December 4, 2020
Neymar and PSG sporting director Leonardo discussed bringing Messi to France when he announced he wanted to leave Barca and they remain interested. https://t.co/wpiR9LfhUQ pic.twitter.com/2S6HnILWRN
Other stories from the rumour mill
- Manchester United and manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has been under some pressure. Bild reports the Premier League giants are interested in PSG coach Thomas Tuchel if they decide to sack Solskjaer.
- With Christian Eriksen seemingly set for an exit, Inter are considering their midfield transfer targets. CalcioMercato reports Chelsea midfielder N'Golo Kante remains Inter's dream signing, but Liverpool's Georginio Wijnaldum is also an option with his contract expiring at the end of the season. However, the report also says Inter could challenge Liverpool for the signing of Brighton and Hove Albion midfielder Yves Bissouma.
- Also at Liverpool, the Premier League champions are reportedly still eyeing a centre-back amid their injury woes. Bild reports RB Leipzig defender Dayot Upamecano is on their list, as is his 21-year-old team-mate Ibrahima Konate.
- Atlanta United could be close to appointing a new coach. TyC Sports says former Manchester United, Real Madrid and Argentina defender Gabriel Heinze, most recently in charge of Velez Sarsfield, is a step away from taking over at the MLS club.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: medal winners, athletes and results, 24 July
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN How much money can you get from stimulus checks and the Child Tax Credit?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 24 July
- Olympic Games Since when is skate an olympic sport and why?
- OLYMPIC GAMES What is the USA basketball roster for the 2021 Tokyo Olympic Games?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USWNT bounce back in crushing 6-1 New Zealand win