Leonardo: "Messi? We don't meddle with other club's players"
PSG's director of sport played down talk of the possible arrival of Leo Messi in Paris next summer to play alongside his friend, Neymar.
Last week, Neymar said about Messi: "Next year, we have to play together, for sure..." His comments have drawn the media spotlight on PSG president Nasser Al-Khelaïfi. In Paris, many are expecting PSG to make a move to reunite the Argentinean and Brazilian.
Respect for Messi and Barcelona
During the half-time interval of yesterday's Ligue 1 game between Montpellier and PSG, the club's Director of Sport Leonardo was asked if any enquiries had been made about Messi. He told Canal+ France, "We have to respect Messi and Barcelona. Messi is a Barcelona player. We don't like it when other clubs interfere with our players and for that reason, we don't meddle with players from other clubs".
As for the possibility that Messi could end up at PSG in the future, Leonardo added: "This is not the moment to talk about that, or the transfer window. We are only thinking about this season, our objectives and keeping focussed. We have players who can do that, we have a competitive team even when we rotate the squad".
Te recomendamos en English
- 2021 TAX FILING How to check your adjusted gross income for tax filing and the third stimulus check
- PREMIER LEAGUE Chelsea defeat "a massive blow" to Liverpool's Champions League hopes, admits Klopp
- Borussia Dortmund - Bayern Munich Klassiker: Haaland a pretender to Lewandowski's throne?
- Copa del Rey Athletic Bilbao could win Copa del Rey twice in two weeks
- PSG Neymar: PSG face Lille issue over international fixtures
- NFL Broncos want to bring back Von Miller – George Paton