PSG terminate Jesé's contract
The Spanish forward has played a total of just 22 minutes this season and doesn't figure in Thomas Tuchel's plans. His contract was rescinded by mutual agreement.
PSG officially terminated Jesé Rodríguez's contract on Sunday morning. A product of Real Madrid's youth team academy, Jesé would have been out of contract in 2021 under his previous arrangement. The forward has played a total of just 22 minutes spread over two games this season and does not feature in Thomas Tuchel's plans. Both parties reached a mutual agreement to rescind the remaining six months of his contract.
PSG statement on Jesé
“Paris Saint-Germain and Jesé have agreed to terminate the player's contract, due to expire on 30 June 2021. The 27-year-old from Las Palmas in the Canary Islands arrived in Paris in the summer of 2016. Jesé played 18 matches in all competitions for the Rouge & Bleu, scoring two goals and winning one Ligue 1 title (2020), one Coupe de la Ligue (2017) and one Trophée des Champions (2017). Paris Saint-Germain wishes Jesé all the best for his professional career”, read a statement issued by PSG.
After joining PSG in 2-016, Jesé Rodríguez never managed to return to his best level. Even loan spells at Las Palmas, Stoke City, Betis and Sporting Clube de Portugal could not help him to revive his career, or allow him to show the promise he demonstrated at Real Madrid before suffering a serious knee ligament injury. One of the reasons why PSG were eager to end Jesé's contract was his high salary - he was taking home €420,000 after tax per month, a figure that simply cannot be justified in the current climate.
Te recomendamos en English
- EURO 2020 Why is Sergio Ramos not in Spain squad?
- EURO 2020 Who plays today in European Championship? Monday 14 June: games, times, TV, schedule...
- EURO 2020 Denmark's Eriksen thanks life-savers and vows to understand what caused cardiac arrest
- Copa America Brazil's Tite hails Neymar but stops short of Ronaldo and Romario comparisons
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: is it coming in June? Tax refund status, homeowner stimulus check, child tax payment...
- US NEWS G7 summit recap: what did Joe Biden say about meeting Queen Elizabeth?