Floyd Mayweather vs Logan Paul confirmed for 2021: dates, TV, prices
Floyd Mayweather is coming out of retirement and he announced via his Instagram account that he will fight Logan Paul in February.
On 18 September it was confirmed that legendary fighter Floyd Mayweather and Youtuber Logan Paul had signed a contract for an exhibition match. Now, on 6 December, it's been confirmed that they will head into the ring on 20 February 2021.
Undefeated boxer Mayweather announced the news on his Instagram account and fans can already buy tickets for the match.
The bout will be streamed live through the application Fanmio Boxing on a pay-per-view basis. The first million purchases will be $24.99 each, with the price rising after that. Note that while the advertised price is $24.99, you'll also be charged a 'Transmission Charge' of $1.62, making the real price $26.61.
No matter the number of buys the price jumps to $69.99 starting 11 February, so if you're keen, get going.
Of course, the contestants have been exchanging words on social media about the upcoming battle. Mayweather has a 50-0 record and his last official win was against Conor McGregor in 2017. One year later he fought Japanese fighter Tenshin Nasukawa, but that was in an exhibition match.
"These YouTube girls better find some Barbie dolls to play with cause I’m not the one for the kid games," Mayweather tweeted in November. "3 years ago a fighter from the UF said my name and I had to put a muzzle on that b—h. @loganpaul can get the same treatment before I go conquer Japan again,” wrote Mayweather on Instagram.
Logan Paul responds
“Big tweet from a little man,” wrote the YouTuber on his Instagram account.
Logan Paul doesn’t have that much experience in the ring - his last fight was against fellow YouTuber KSI, who he fought twice. The first match was a draw and he later lost the rematch in 2019.
Te recomendamos en English
- TRAVEL Which countries are in the ‘Level 4: Do not travel' category?
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check and Child Tax Credit live updates: can it be passed in August? Dates, tax return, opt-out...
- CORONAVIRUS What has Dr Fauci said about the covid-19 Delta variant and lockdowns?
- NFL Nick Foles plays down Colts trade talk: "I'm a Chicago Bear now"
- OLYMPICS GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: summary, results and medal count - 03 August
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Recap: Biles takes bronze, Thompson-Herah makes history