PSG vs Istanbul Basaksehir: Who is Istanbul assistant coach Pierre Webó?
Istanbul Basaksehir's Champions League clash with PSG was halted after number two Pierre Webó was allegedly racially abused by the fourth official.
Pierre Achille Webó Kouamo (Bafoussam, Cameroon, 20 January 1982), is a Cameroonian former footballer who found himself at the centre of a racism storm on Tuesday, after suffering alleged abuse at the hands of fourth official Sebastian Coltescu during Istanbul Basaksehir’s Champions League Group H clash with Paris Saint-Germain.
Webó has been assistant coach at Istanbul since November 2019.
Webó turned out for three Spanish clubs
The former striker is a familiar face in Spain, where he played for Osasuna, Leganés and Real Mallorca. He arrived at Osasuna in 2003 from Uruguayan side Nacional de Montevideo, going out on loan to Leganés to adapt to Spanish football.
After returning to Los Rojillos, he remained in Navarre until 2007, when he joined Mallorca as a free agent. He stayed with Los Bermellones until 2011, before moving to Turkey. In his time in Spain, he scored 51 goals (23 for Osasuna and 28 for Mallorca).
Seven-year stint as player in Turkey
In the Turkish game, he had a seven-season playing spell at four different clubs, beginning with a 2011-13 stint at the team he now serves as number two to head coach Okan Buruk. After Istanbul, he turned out for Fenerbahce (2013-15), Osmanlispor (2015-17) and Gaziantep (2017-18), before returning to Nacional de Montevideo, where he hung up his boots at the end of 2018.
He was a full international with Cameroon, winning 58 caps and scoring 18 goals for the Indomitable Lions, who he represented at the 2010 and 2014 World Cups.
Te recomendamos en English
- PSG Real Madrid watch as tensions grow between Mbappé and PSG
- EURO 2020 Cristiano Ronaldo becomes European Championship's record goalscorer
- NBA Who are the highest paid NBA players in 2021?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Fourth stimulus check: what organizations are in favor of a new payment?
- US News Unemployment benefits: can you keep the payments if you go back to work?
- US News Which states have abolished federal unemployment benefits and why?