Salah becomes Liverpool's record Champions League goalscorer
The Egyptian king marks another milestone achievement with the Reds as he became Liverpool's all-time leading scorer in the Champions League.
Liverpool winger Mohamed Salah continues to make history at Anfield as he became Liverpool's all-time highest goalscorer in the Champions League after scoring his 22nd goal against FC Midtjylland in the sixth round of the competition's group stage.
According to "Squawka", Salah's 1st-minute goal in his team's 1-1 draw against the Danish side helped him surpass Anfield's legendary Steven Gerrard, who scored 21 goals during his time with the Reds.
The Senegalese star Sadio Mané comes in third place as he has scored 17 goals in the competition, while Roberto Firmino comes in fourth with 15.
Salah goal the fastest by a Liverpool player in Champions League
The website specialized in demonstrating statistics also pointed out the Pharaoh's goal scored 55 seconds into the game is the fastest Champions League strike by a Liverpool player.
Wednesday's draw saw Liverpool - who had already sealed last-16 qualification as Group D winners - finish with 13 points, ahead of Atalanta who came second with 11 points. Ajax finished the group stage in third place with seven points while FC Midtjylland came in last place, having earned two points throughout their campaign.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Third stimulus check updates today: when will Senate vote on it? | Will it arrive in March & IRS tax return | Live
- 2030 WORLD CUP Johnson backs UK bid for 2030 World Cup, offers stadiums for Euro 2020
- SERIE A The things that Georgina prohibits Cristiano from doing at home
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN ACT OF 2021 Third stimulus check: when is it coming in March?
- BARCELONA FC Barcelona cleared from Barçagate, Bartomeu provisionally released
- NBA NBA: Harden triple-double leads Nets to win, Zion stuns Jazz