PSG and Manchester City still confident of signing Messi
PSG are reportedly preparing a push to lure Leo Messi to the French capital but Manchester City fancy their chances of playing the Guardiola card.
Leo Messi's father has denied any contact with Paris Saint-Germain over a potential move to Ligue 1 for the Barcelona captain but the rumour mill suggests the Parc des Princes money men still feel they can tempt Messi to join his former teammate Neymar and Kylian Mbappé in a dream team forward line.
However, Manchester City have also not given up on the idea of reuniting the Barcelona superstar with his mentor Pep Guardiola in the Premier League
PSG preparing Messi deal?
Paris Saint-Germain are preparing to announce the signing of Lionel Messi, according to FootballTransfers.
Messi, who is out of contract at the end of the season, tried to leave Barcelona at the start of 2020-21 but the six-time Ballon d'Or winner opted to remain at Camp Nou.
Now, Ligue 1 champions PSG are growing increasingly confident of luring Messi to Paris on a free transfer, having told their stores around the French capital to brace themselves for a high demand of shirt sales.
The Daily Star, however, claims Pep Guardiola's Manchester City remain optimistic of signing Messi.
Bayern lead race for Upamecano
- Premier League champions Liverpool are set to offer star defender Virgil van Dijk a new blockbuster five-year contract, reports Fabrizio Romano.
- Bayern Munich are in pole position to sign RB Leipzig centre-back Dayot Upamecano but the Bundesliga champions are still undecided on outlaying such a significant sum amid the coronavirus pandemic, says Sport Bild. Upamecano has been heavily linked with Manchester United, Arsenal and Liverpool.
- According to Corriere della Sera, Inter and Milan are the main contenders to sign Atalanta star Papu Gómez. The captain and Atalanta head coach Gian Piero Gasperini have fallen out, leading to widespread reports Gomez will leave in January. Inter are the favourites to sign Gomez as they could reportedly offer Christian Eriksen in exchange. The likes of PSG, Lazio and Napoli have also emerged as possible destinations.
- Hakan Calhanoglu is set to stay at Milan, reports Calciomercato. United have been linked with a move for the soon-to-be free agent.
- Romano says Sergio Ramos is likely to continue at Madrid beyond the 2020-21 season. Los Blancos captain Ramos is nearing the end of his contract, leading to links with the likes of PSG, Juventus and United.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid in talks for Roma full-back Spinazzola
- NBA Hornets' LaMelo Ball named NBA Rookie of the Year
- NBA playoffs 2021 "Underdog mentality" key to another Hawks stunner
- NBA playoffs 2021 Paul George carries Clippers to critical victory over Jazz
- TENNIS Nadal withdraws from Wimbledon and Olympics
- US NEWS How does the bipartisan infrastructure bill compare to Biden's American Jobs Plan?