Dortmund: Moukoko becomes the youngest goal scorer in Bundesliga history
Aged 16 years and 28 days, Borussia Dortmund centre-forward Youssoufa Moukoko has become the Bundesliga's youngest goal scorer.
Youssoufa Moukoko made more history by becoming the Bundesliga's youngest ever scorer in Borussia Dortmund's meeting with Union Berlin on Friday. The teenage striker lashed home a fierce shot from just inside the penalty area to pull Dortmund level at Alten Forsterei after Taiwo Awoniyi had put the hosts in front after 57 minutes. His goal ultimately proved in vain as Marvin Friedrich quickly restored the hosts' lead to secure a 2-1 win, but at just 16 years and 28 days Moukoko sets a new German top-flight benchmark. It surpasses the record set by Bayer Leverkusen youngster Florian Wirtz, who was 17 years, one month and three days when he scored his first Bundesliga goal back in June.
Moukoko's Bundesliga records
Moukoko had already become the youngest player to appear in the Bundesliga after coming off the bench against Hertha Berlin the day after turning 16 last month in a 5-2 win. He was named in Dortmund's starting XI for the first time in the midweek clash against Werder Bremen, a 2-1 victory in Edin Terzic's first match as head coach.
Earlier this month, Moukoko became the youngest player to appear in the Champions League. He came off the bench in a 1-2 win at Zenit after 58 minutes, with his 16 years and 18 days old beating the 16 years and 87 days of Celestine Babayaro during the 1994-95 Champions League group stages for Anderlecht.
The defeat to Union means Dortmund remain fourth in the German top flight, six points behind leaders Bayer Leverkusen and five adrift of Bayern Munich and RB Leipzig, having played a game more than all three teams.
Te recomendamos en English
- European championship Zlatan Ibrahimovic back in Sweden team for World Cup qualifiers
- NBA Jazz stars Mitchell and Gobert fined by NBA after outbursts
- REAL MADRID | BENZEMA Benzema: "My life has changed..."
- NFL Eagles' Jason Kelce holds off retirement to return for 2021 season
- NBA All-Star Game Jazz's Conley earns NBA All-Star selection to replace Booker
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks Third stimulus check updates today: when it's coming, Senate votation, status and IRS tax