Isco pushing for January Real Madrid exit
The Benalmadena player played no role in the game at Ipurua through injury with Real Madrid insisting that the midfielder can only leave with a sufficiently acceptable offer.
It's no secret that Isco sees himself playing his football away from Real Madrid and just two years ago against Eibar, Isco's issues with then coach Santi Solari became apparent and his differences with the LaLiga side which started in 2018 could come full circle in January when the winter transfer market opens its doors.
A complicated relationship with manager Zinedine Zidane and not getting the playing time the player feels he deserves, the creative midfielder has expressed his desire for a departure to Real Madrid.
The situation however is complex with no offers at present arriving for the player's services despite the club's desire not to hold his interests back with his current deal expiring in June 2022. However Madrid are not prepared to under-sell the creative player or let him leave on a loan move with the coronavirus pandemic impacting greatly on current market value with club's tightening purse strings.
The pandemic coupled with Isco's decreasing value is another issue with the player's value in the market dropping from it's high of 90 million euro (in October 2018) to its current 20 million (according to specialist portal Transfermarkt)
Isco for 60M
Recent months have seen speculation that there may be suitors from the Premier League interested in his services with Juventus also linked with his signature. Julen Lopetegui, Sevilla head coach, is a great admirer of the midfielder, whom he called up for the Spain national team despite his failure to become a regular at Madrid but the asking price of €60 million may be a bridge too far for the Andalusian outfit.
Speaking recently on Spanish radio, the player's father stated: "at present, we have no offers, but Isco wants to try another league," he told Cadena SER on Monday. He added: "Staying in Madrid would not be a problem."
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks Third stimulus check passed in Senate updates: who qualifies, how much, when will the payment arrive, Biden signs | Live
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN Why are unemployment benefits changing from $400 to $300?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus check passed in the Senate: when is voting in the House of Representatives?
- US NEWS Child tax credit - $3000 or $3600: how much will it be per child?
- STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus check passed: when will it be sent out and how much?
- US NEWS Third stimulus check passed: when will Biden sign it?