Lorient groundsman dies after floodlight fall impact
The member of the club staff was attending to the grass after the Ligue 1 clash against Rennes when he was struck by a part of the falling floodlight provoking a heart attack.
After the match, as member of the ground staff was watering the pitch, he was struck by a piece of the floodlight system that impacted on the club member immediately provoking a cardiac arrest.
We are devastated to report that this individual has now passed away from his injuries. All our love, thoughts and support with the FC Lorient family following this horrific tragedy.— Get French Football News (@GFFN) December 20, 2020
According to Canal Plus France, the Lorient employee needed automated external defibrillator treatment to save his life but despite the best efforts of the medical assistance, the groundsman was rushed to intensive care at a local hospital and was on a life support system. The news broke later on Sunday night that the club member of staff had passed away. The original incident occurred at 19:00 local time at the compact 16,000 seater ground and immediately local firemen were called to asses the floodlight structures at the stadium.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL How do NFL players get paid? per game or per week?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK $600 stimulus check in California: who qualifies and how to track
- US NEWS Third stimulus check updates today: when it's coming, $1400 payments, IRS tax deadline, stimulus calculator | Live
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Third stimulus check: Will you get a $1,400 payment, and when?
- Entertainment CoD Black Ops & Warzone Season 2 new content: map, weapon, outbreak
- LOTTERY How much do you get if you have 1, 2 or 3 Powerball numbers?