Covid-19 strikes Al-Ahly
Three key players among Al-Ahly's senior squad have tested positive for covid-19 ahead of the African Champions League fixtures against AS SONIDEP.
Three key players from Al-Ahly's senior football team have tested positive for covid-19 ahead of the African Champions League fixtures against Niger's SONIDEP. The latest outbreak follows a number of infections among the Egyptian club's basketball squad.
Al-Ahly announced that Amr Al Soulia, Ramy Rabee'a, and Mohamed Magdy have all tested positive for covid-19 ahead of the reigning champions' game against Niger's champions SONIDEP in the CAF CL on Wednesday.
The football director at the club, Sayed Abdul Hafiz, confirmed that the three players missed group training on Tuesday after contracting covid-19 and will subsequently miss out on Wednesday's fixture in Niger.
Al-Ahly's South African head coach Pitso Mosimane, who led the team to a record ninth CAF CL title last month, also earlier tested positive for Covid-19 and was hospitalized in Cairo.
Covid-19 among Al Ahly's basketball team
Al-Ahly's head of sports activity, Ra'ouf Abdulkader, also revealed on Tuesday that three players from the club's basketball team have returned positive covid-19 results. Ihab Amin, Amr Al Gindy, and AbdulFadil Ibrahim tested positive ahead of the team's crucial game against Sporting SC in the Egyptian League's semi-finals.
Abdulkader also stated that the rest of the players underwent a swab to detect any further infections that might have been contracted by other players in the group.
The Egyptian Basketball Association had announced earlier that no league game would be postponed unless more than six players on the same team test positive for the virus.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: child tax credit date, plus up payments in third check, how to claim
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK $600 Golden State Stimulus check: can I get it if I also received the third stimulus check?
- US NEWS Lyrids meteor shower 2021: dates, times and how to see in the US
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Is it possible to use the money from the stimulus check to pay the rent or the mortgage?
- CORONAVIRUS US Coronavirus US: is a third dose of the Pfizer vaccine necessary?
- US NEWS How to get Covid-19 a vaccine appointment in Florida?