Real Madrid possible starting XI against Granada
Zinedine Zidane is without Luka Modric for the visit of Granada in the penultimate fixture of LaLiga Santander this year, but he has plenty of options to replace him.
Real Madrid face Granada in the penultimate league match of the calendar year on Wednesday 23 December. Kick off is 19:45 at the Alfredo di Stéfano stadium and you’ll be able to follow all the action here on AS English.
No Modric, but Hazard, Vini and Isco back
It’s a game for which Zinedine Zidane has almost all of his players available. The only casualty is the loss of Luka Modric.
The Croatian was substituted in the 72nd minute of the match against Eibar after picking up an injury and immediately he had ice treatment on the sidelines
"We hope it's a small thing, but we're not going to risk it," Zidane said at his pre-match press conference.
One attacking player out then, but the Frenchman can call upon Vinicius, who missed the latest match due to stomach problems, as well as Isco and Hazard. The Belgian returns after missing the last five games due to a muscle injury and is hoping to put a run of performances together, while the Spanish midfielder is still being linked with a move away from Madrid.
Real Madrid possible starting XI
As reported in today's paper, we think they'll go with: Courtois; Carvajal, Varane, Ramos, Mendy; Valverde, Casemiro, Kroos; Lucas Vázquez, Benzema, Vinicius.
Zidane still has to remove one more player from those he has called up. The others named are Lunin, Altube, Odriozola, Nacho, Militao, Marcelo, Odegaard, Isco, Rodrygo, Asensio, Hazard, Jovic, Mariano.
In the last three matches, nine players have been regulars in Zidane's side. The coach has only made a change to his team to cover the absence of Casemiro - who has now served his suspension - against Athletic and Vinicius at Ipurua. Against Granada, the forced switch is to cover his Croatian magician.
Te recomendamos en English
- TOKYO 2020 Tokyo 2020 Olympics - Football Tournament draws: as it happened
- FOOTBALL European Super League, live updates: all English clubs withdraw, reactions, Florentino Pérez, UEFA, clubs
- FOOTBALL European Super League 'hugely embarrassing' for Madrid president Perez
- FOOTBALL Inter and Atletico withdraw as Agnelli says European Super League is a no-go
- George and Clippers nip Blazers late, Irving leads way for Nets
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: child tax credit date, plus up payments in third check, how to claim