United set to face City in semi-final after late win over Everton
Cavani and Martial struck late goals as Manchester United claimed a scrappy 2-0 victory over Everton to seal a place in the League Cup semi-finals at Goodison Park.
Edinson Cavani and Anthony Martial struck late goals as Manchester United claimed a scrappy 2-0 victory over Everton to seal a place in the League Cup semi-finals at a bitterly cold Goodison Park on Wednesday.
United wasted numerous opportunities in the opening stages and at times the play was dire from both sides as the game appeared to be heading for penalties before Cavani collected the ball on the right wing, skipped inside onto his left foot and fired past Everton goalkeeper Robin Olsen.
Martial added a second with virtually the last kick of the game as the visitors join Championship side Brentford, Manchester City and Tottenham Hotspur in the semi-final draw which saw United pitted against City and Spurs set to face 'The Bees'. The final will now take place at Wembley on the rescheduled date of 25 April.
Te recomendamos en English
- 2021 MLS SEASON Inter Miami: 2021 MLS regular-season schedule
- SERIE A Cristiano Ronaldo missing for Juventus' trip to Atalanta
- QATAR 2022 Tim Cahill, aiming for success in new Aspire Academy role
- COPA DEL REY Copa del Rey winners list: who has lifted the most Copas?
- BASEBALL Dodgers blow as Cody Bellinger suffers hairline fracture in left fibula
- NBA Simmons backs Embiid for MVP: "I don't know how to stop him!"