Timothy Weah streak continues as he scores once again for Lille
The United States men’s national team striker scored the opening goal for Lille in the 3-2 victory against Montpellier for matchday 17 of Ligue 1 at La Mosson.
The hot streak for Timothy Weah continued with Lille, on matchday 17 he scored the opening goals against Montepllier at La Mosson. The United States men’s national team striker has a total of 3 goals in 5 games in all competitions for the French side.
In the 23 minute of the match against Montpellier, Xeka gave a great through ball to Weah who controlled it and hit it with the outside of his boot to find the back of the net. Lille ended up beating Montpellier 3-2 to maintain first place with 36 points after 17 games.
He suffered two lengthy injuries
The 20-year-old has a total of three goals and an assist with Lille this season. It wasn’t easy to adapt to the French league since joining on 1 July 2019 due to injuries and lack of playing time, but this December he seems to finally be finding his rhythm.
Everything started on 3 December when he gave an assist against Sparta Praha in the UEFA Europa League in Lille’s 2-1 victory. His first goal of the season came in the Europa League on 10 December against Celtic. Six days later he came in as a substitute against Dijon for matchday 15 of Ligue 1 and in 18 minutes he was able to score his first goal of the campaign.
Timothy Weah suffered a left hamstring tear last season that kept him out for almost seven months and just as he was reaching full fitness, he tore his right hamstring and he was out for another six months. He finally recovered fully from both injuries in August and returned to the pitch with Lille that same month.
Te recomendamos en English
- TOKYO 2020 Tokyo 2020 Olympics - Football Tournament draws: as it happened
- FOOTBALL European Super League, live updates: all English clubs withdraw, reactions, Florentino Pérez, UEFA, clubs
- FOOTBALL European Super League 'hugely embarrassing' for Madrid president Perez
- FOOTBALL Inter and Atletico withdraw as Agnelli says European Super League is a no-go
- George and Clippers nip Blazers late, Irving leads way for Nets
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: child tax credit date, plus up payments in third check, how to claim