Zamalek president Ahmed Al Bakry dies from covid-19
The interim president of the Egyptian club passed away following his struggle with covid-19 complications.
The head of the interim three-member committee in charge of running the Egyptian club Zamalek Ahmed Al Bakry passed away on Thursday after his struggle with covid-19.
Al Bakry had contracted the infection earlier and was subsequently admitted to one of Cairo's hospitals to receive medical care, however, his condition started to deteriorate as he developed severe covid-19 symptoms that made him succumb to the infection.
The ministry of health appointed Al Bakry and his assistants a few weeks ago as the interim board of Zamalek following dismantling the previous board of directors whose members were referred to prosecution over financial violations.
Hesham Ibrahim replaces Al Bakry as the committee president
The ministry of Sports issued a decision announcing that counselor Hesham Ibrahim will replace Al Bakry as the head of the committee responsible for managing the Zamalek's affair until another president is selected for the post or the ministry adds another member to the committee keeping Ibrahim at the helm.
Zamalek have been suffering from administrative instability since the previous board members were stripped of their duties especially after their last season which was full of disappointments such as losing the league and CAF Champions League title to the historic rival Al-Ahly.
Te recomendamos en English
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE PSG vs Bayern Munich: times, TV & how to watch online
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Would the fourth stimulus check be taxed by the IRS?
- NFL Former Chiefs assistant Reid charged with felony DWI
- COVID-19 VACCINATION What to do if you get covid-19 between vaccine doses?
- MLS When is the MLS transfer deadline?
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN What to know about $3,600 Child Tax credit: dates, eligibility, amount