Tuchel furious over handling of impending PSG exit
The German coach is angry with the way Leonardo handled the meeting in relaying the news of his dismissal despite the news still yet to be made official by the Parisian club.
Despite the lack of an official communique from PSG confirming the news, Thomas Tuchel will no longer oversee the Ligue 1 side. At present the Parisian outfit are working on the German's dismissal settlement plans and at the same time working on contract details for his replacement Mauricio Pochettino.
Tuchel left Wednesday's brief meeting with sporting director Leonardo angry and frustrated knowing that his time on the Parc des Princes bench had come to an end. The German has been at loggerheads with the PSG hierarchy for some time and has enjoyed a fractious relationship at best with Leonardo but the timing of the decision has come a surprise. Recent results have not been standard procedure at the perennial Ligue 1 champions, a defeat against Lyon on 13 December and a draw with Lille seeing the side lose their place at the top of the table. However, PSG remain one point behind those sides and qualified for the Champions League last 16 as group winners.
Getting rid of Tuchel will cost the French club seven million euro in a indemnisation payment for the coach who won two Ligue 1 titles along with a Coupe de France and a Coupe de la Ligue title with the side from the French capital.
Te recomendamos en English
- 2021 TAX FILING How to check your adjusted gross income for tax filing and the third stimulus check
- NFL Roethlisberger to stay with Steelers for 2021 after agreeing new deal
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus check: what's the deadline for the Senate vote?
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks What are automatic stimulus checks and will they become a reality?
- 2021 TAX FILING Tax Return 2021: how to calculate what you pay with income brackets and rates
- 2021 TAX FILING Tax credit for child care: how much it is per child and family?