Messi to complete ankle injury treatment ahead of Barça return
Barcelona say Lionel Messi will complete a period of treatment before returning to team training ahead of next week's game with Huesca.
Lionel Messi will complete a course of treatment on an ankle injury before returning to Barcelona training ahead of next week's game with Huesca.
The club had already confirmed the captain had been granted an extended Christmas break, with Messi having gone to Rosario in Argentina to spend time off with his family.
It means the six-time Ballon d'Or winner will miss the LaLiga match with Eibar on Tuesday.
Barça later announced Messi is due to finish treatment on his right ankle and is expected to return to training before they face Huesca on January 3.
Messi returning to form
After a difficult start to the season following his failed attempt to leave the club, Messi has recovered some form, scoring six of his seven league goals in 2020-21 in his most recent eight appearances.
Barça are fifth in LaLiga, eight points behind leaders Atlético Madrid, having played a game more.
Te recomendamos en English
- GOLF | AUGUSTA MASTERS 2021 Augusta Masters 2021 Day 3 live online | scores and leaderboard | Matsuyama leads at -11
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus check: until when will the new "plus-up" payments be sent?
- REAL MADRID 2 - 1 BARCELONA Real Madrid ratings in Clásico against Barcelona
- EL CLÁSICO Real Madrid ahead of Barcelona in Clásicos won: 98-96
- LALIGA SANTANDER Real Madrid - Barcelona: what are their next matches and how many points are left?
- US NEWS Third stimulus check live updates: is a fourth payment coming, expected dates, plus-up payments, tracker