PSG: Pochettino agrees deal to replace Tuchel - reports
Former Tottenham manager and PSG defender Mauricio Pochettino has reportedly agreed a deal to replace Thomas Tuchel at Paris Saint-Germain.
Thomas Tuchel's tenure as Paris Saint-Germain head coach was brought to an end last week when PSG sporting director Leonardo pulled the plug on the German coach's tenure despite the former Borussia Dortmund manager leading PSG to Ligue 1 glory last season and the Champions League final.
Mauricio Pochettino has been widely tipped to replace Tuchel at the Parc des Princes and according to reports the former PSG defender and Spurs boss has agreed to sign up at the Ligue 1 giants to spearhead their quest for European glory.
Pochettino set for PSG
Thomas Tuchel has reached an agreement with PSG to leave the club immediatly, as @cfbayern reported. It will cost around €6m to Nasser Al Khelaifi.— Fabrizio Romano (@FabrizioRomano) December 27, 2020
More: Mauricio Pochettino has already agreed his contract as new PSG manager. Details sorted. Paperworks signed.
Here we go
Mauricio Pochettino has agreed terms to take charge of Ligue 1 champions Paris Saint-Germain, according to Fabrizio Romano.
Thomas Tuchel's sacking is set to be announced after striking a deal with PSG to leave immediately – the compensation worth €6million, reports Bild.
Former Tottenham manager Pochettino is now poised to return to PSG, where he played between 2001 and 2003.
Costa asks to leave Atlético
- Diego Costa has requested to leave Atletico Madrid in January, claims Diario AS and Marca. If Costa is unable to depart during the next window, the veteran striker will farewell Atletico on a free transfer at season's end.
- Wolves have joined the chase to sign Real Madrid outcast Luka Jovic, says The Athletic. Wolves are keen to bolster their attack following Raul Jimenez's serious injury and Jovic has emerged as a loan option for the Premier League side. Milan have also been heavily linked with the Serbia international.
- Georginio Wijnaldum wants time to reflect on Liverpool's contract offer, reports Fabrizio Romano. Wijnaldum is set to become a free agent amid links to Barca.
- The Mirror reports Arsenal are circling for Brighton and Hove Albion full-back Tariq Lamptey should Hector Bellerín depart for Barcelona. Lamptey has been linked to Manchester City and Bayern Munich.
- Sevilla are eyeing a January swoop for Marseille star Florian Thauvin, according to Andaluz Estadio Deportivo. Milan have also been tracking the Frenchman.
- Corriere dello Sport says Juventus and Inter remain keen on signing Udinese's Rodrigo De Paul. Meanwhile, Ilbianconeri claims Juve have been offered Arsenal outcast Mesut Özil.
- Manchester United remain in contact with Moises Caicedo's agents to sign the Independiente del Valle sensation, says Romano. The 19-year-old Ecuadorian midfielder wants to move to Old Trafford.
Te recomendamos en English
- European championship Zlatan Ibrahimovic back in Sweden team for World Cup qualifiers
- NBA Jazz stars Mitchell and Gobert fined by NBA after outbursts
- REAL MADRID | BENZEMA Benzema: "My life has changed..."
- NFL Eagles' Jason Kelce holds off retirement to return for 2021 season
- NBA All-Star Game Jazz's Conley earns NBA All-Star selection to replace Booker
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks Third stimulus check updates today: when it's coming, Senate votation, status and IRS tax