Linares derby ends with six sent off and police called to restrain players
The inaugural derby between CD Linares CF and Linares Deportivo ended with an entire team sent off and the referee being attacked with a chair.
An indoor football league game between local rivals CD Linares CF and Linares Deportivo played at the weekend descended into anarchy with six players being sent off, the referee being attacked with a chair, vandalized cars and the police called, according to reports.
The match official in charge of the Andalusian women’s second division game wrote in his report that all of the red cards were issued to CD Linares CF players and that one of the team attempted to attack him with a chair.
Segunga B LaLiga club Linares Deportivo, who set up a women’s indoor football side at the start of the current season, condemned the incidents after the game. “The referee was subjected to constant insults and threats to the extent that a CD Linares CF player grabbed a chair and went for the match official, as reflected in his report,” Linares Deportivo said in a statement.
Police called to "restrain" CD Linares CF players
Linares Deportivo added that their players suffered “violent tackles and attempts at physical violence” during the game and that national and local police were called “due to the hostile and threatening atmosphere” and had to restrain CD Linares CF players at the end of the game.
It was also reported that damage had been inflicted on the cars of two Linares Deportivo players outside the Pabellón Julián Jiménez.
Te recomendamos en English
- Child Tax Credit Child Tax Credit 2021: when is the deadline to opt out from August payment?
- US NEWS What public pools are open in summer 2021 in Los Angeles?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: Ledecky going for gold, medal count, results, today 28 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Why is Russia called ROC at the 2021 Tokyo Olympics?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING Ledecky aiming for two golds in a day with Titmus in the way
- REAL MADRID Official: Real Madrid defender Varane signs for Manchester United