Diego Costa requests contract termination with Atlético Madrid
The striker has requested to no longer train with the LaLiga side as the club study his request to rescind his current deal with the Madrid based side.
Diego Costa has made a formal request to Atlético Madrid that his current deal (which expires in June 2021) be cut short with the striker citing 'family reasons' for the decision. The forward has not returned to training with 'Los Colchoneros' after the Christmas break which leaves 'El Cholo' with Luis Suárez , Correa, Llorente, Vitolo and João Félix as his attacking options with Atleti now likely to look for a reinforcement in the winter market.
Costa's goal from the spot against Elche could have been his last goal in the red and white stripes in a season overshadowed by injury issues with a muscular problem and then deep vein thrombosis limiting the forward's playing time in the 2020/21 campaign.
Should Costa finally depart (with Turkish SuperLig side Galatasaray already linked with his signature), Atleti have their sights set on Napoli's Polish striker Arkadiusz Milik with the striker out of favour with the Serie A side.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: child tax credit date, plus up payments in third check, how to claim
- Unemployment Benefits Why are recipients seeing unemployment benefits cut?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus check: how many people are still waiting for it?
- DEREK CHAUVIN TRIAL Derek Chauvin trial: can he appeal the sentence?
- SUPER LEAGUE European Super League: interview Florentino Pérez, ten clubs withdraw, reactions, UEFA, clubs
- EUROPEAN SUPER LEAGUE European Super League: Manchester Utd fans break into training ground in anti-Glazer protest