Lionel Messi wishes to play in Major League Soccer
The FC Barcelona player was interviewed by journalist Jordi Évole and expressed his desire to live in the United States and play in Major League Soccer.
Lionel Messi’s contract with FC Barcelona expires on 20 June 2021 and he has not extended his contract with the club still to elect its new president. The future of the No 10 at Barça is uncertain and during an interview with journalist Jordi Évole, he spoke about his desire to live in the United States and play in Major League Soccer.
“I always wanted to live in the United States. It is a great country and I would like to play in Major League Soccer at some point, but not at this moment in my career. I mean it could happen or not,” said the Argentine.
Messi's possible destinations
Prior to the beginning of the 2020/21 season, Messi sent a burofax stating he wanted to leave the club, with Manchester City appearing to be favourites to lure him in. The Premier League club is one of the few that has the finances and even offered him a contract to end his career with affiliate New York City FC in the MLS.
Another destination could be Inter Miami and David Beckham, who is the franchise owner, has a good relationship with Messi and is likely to have a go at signing him in the near future. It is known that the Argentine has a luxury apartment in Florida and that could bring him closer to Inter Miami.
The footballing world will watch this story closely.
Te recomendamos en English
- Child Tax Credit Child Tax Credit 2021: when is the deadline to opt out from August payment?
- US NEWS What public pools are open in summer 2021 in Los Angeles?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: Ledecky going for gold, medal count, results, today 28 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Why is Russia called ROC at the 2021 Tokyo Olympics?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING Ledecky aiming for two golds in a day with Titmus in the way
- REAL MADRID Official: Real Madrid defender Varane signs for Manchester United