Mario Balotelli scores four minutes into Monza debut
Serie B side Monza had to wait less than four minutes for the anticipated impact from Mario Balotelli, who scored on his debut against Salernitana.
Mario Balotelli made a flying start to life in Serie B with a debut strike after just four minutes for Monza against Salernitana.
Balotelli off to a flier in Italy's second tier
The former AC Milan, Liverpool and Manchester City forward signed for Monza - owned by ex-Rossoneri chief Silvio Berlusconi - earlier this month until the end of the season. The 30-year-old made his second-tier bow on Wednesday, lining up alongside Kevin-Prince Boateng, another former Milan man, from the start at home to the league leaders. And Balotelli needed just three minutes and 53 seconds to get on the scoresheet as he turned in Carlos Augusto's cross with the first shot of the match and his first touch.
1 - Mario #Balotelli has netted with his first touch in Serie B, in his career only in Ligue 1 he scored in his debut in a new league (September 2016). Start.#monzasalernitana #SerieB #Monza pic.twitter.com/pCeKkwHrII— OptaPaolo (@OptaPaolo) December 30, 2020
Balotelli has played in the top flight in Italy, England and France but only in Ligue 1, with Nice in 2016, had he previously netted on his debut in a new league.
Te recomendamos en English
- US CORONAVIRUS NEWS How many Johnson & Johnson vaccines have been administered in the US?
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE When are Champions League semi-finals played?
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Neymar: "PSG are a team, we showed it against Bayern"
- NBA Durant focused on returning to full fitness, not Nets-76ers showdown
- Stimulus Checks What ID can I use to cash stimulus checks?
- USA What does Biden's $2.3 trillion infrastructure plan include?