Galatasaray preparing bid to sign Trezeguet in January
Reports have emerged that major Turkish club Galatasaray is interested in securing the Egyptian winger on loan from Aston Villa in the winter transfer window.
Galatasaray are reportedly interested in securing Aston Villa's Egyptian winger Mahmoud Hassan Trezeguet, with the Turkish side believed to be preparing a bid to sign the player for 18 months on loan.
The 26-year-old winger has already had an outstanding spell of two seasons in the Turkish league at Kasimpasa between 2017 and 2019 before joining his current Premier League side, during which he scored 25 goals and gave 18 assists in 71 games.
Despite his prominent role in helping Villa avoid relegation last season with his crucial goals against Crystal Palace and Arsenal and having finished his first campaign with seven goals and three assists, it seems like he is dropping out of Dean Smith's circle of interest with both Anwar Al-Ghazi and Bertrand Traore maintaining impressive form this season while Trezeguet is sidelined due to a hamstring injury sustained a few weeks ago.
According to Turkish website Vatan, Galatasaray, who are currently topping the Turkish League standings, are lining up a bid to secure Trezeguet on loan as they seek to strengthen their squad in the winter transfer window.
The Turkish giants, who have a record 22 Süper Lig titles, are keen on regaining their beloved trophy after losing it last season to Başakşehir, with their veteran coach Fatih Terim seeing in Trezeguet a potential reinforcement that could help the team achieve its goal this season.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid in talks for Roma full-back Spinazzola
- NBA Hornets' LaMelo Ball named NBA Rookie of the Year
- NBA playoffs 2021 "Underdog mentality" key to another Hawks stunner
- NBA playoffs 2021 Paul George carries Clippers to critical victory over Jazz
- TENNIS Nadal withdraws from Wimbledon and Olympics
- US NEWS How does the bipartisan infrastructure bill compare to Biden's American Jobs Plan?