Barcelona: Eusebio undergoes surgery after suffering a stroke
The Spanish coach was admitted to hospital in Valladolid after suffering a fall at home. He underwent emergency surgery for a blood clot on the brain.
Eusebio Sacristán was taken to Valladolid general hospital on Thursday after suffering a fall at home. The former Barcelona Dream Team player - now a coach, is undergoing surgery, according to El Norte de Castilla.
Hospital sources confirmed that the operation could last up to three hours. Eusebio was taken down to theatre shortly after midday after spending the night in observation after doctors had discovered a blood clot.
The 56-year-old has been living in Valladolid since 2019 following his spell in charge at Girona. Prior to that, he had coached Celta de Vigo, Barça B and Real Sociedad. During his playing career, he made 267 appearances for Barcelona. He also enjoyed stints at Atlético and Celta before ending his playing days with Real Valladolid.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Third stimulus check updates today: when will Senate vote on it? | Will it arrive in March & IRS tax return | Live
- 2030 WORLD CUP Johnson backs UK bid for 2030 World Cup, offers stadiums for Euro 2020
- SERIE A The things that Georgina prohibits Cristiano from doing at home
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN ACT OF 2021 Third stimulus check: when is it coming in March?
- BARCELONA FC Barcelona cleared from Barçagate, Bartomeu provisionally released
- NBA NBA: Harden triple-double leads Nets to win, Zion stuns Jazz