Barcelona: Eusebio undergoes surgery after suffering a stroke
The Spanish coach was admitted to hospital in Valladolid after suffering a fall at home. He underwent emergency surgery for a blood clot on the brain.
Eusebio Sacristán was taken to Valladolid general hospital on Thursday after suffering a fall at home. The former Barcelona Dream Team player - now a coach, is undergoing surgery, according to El Norte de Castilla.
Hospital sources confirmed that the operation could last up to three hours. Eusebio was taken down to theatre shortly after midday after spending the night in observation after doctors had discovered a blood clot.
The 56-year-old has been living in Valladolid since 2019 following his spell in charge at Girona. Prior to that, he had coached Celta de Vigo, Barça B and Real Sociedad. During his playing career, he made 267 appearances for Barcelona. He also enjoyed stints at Atlético and Celta before ending his playing days with Real Valladolid.
Te recomendamos en English
- Child Tax Credit Child Tax Credit 2021: when is the deadline to opt out from August payment?
- US NEWS What public pools are open in summer 2021 in Los Angeles?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: Ledecky going for gold, medal count, results, today 28 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Why is Russia called ROC at the 2021 Tokyo Olympics?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING Ledecky aiming for two golds in a day with Titmus in the way
- REAL MADRID Official: Real Madrid defender Varane signs for Manchester United