Barcelona: Eusebio undergoes surgery after suffering a stroke
The Spanish coach was admitted to hospital in Valladolid after suffering a fall at home. He underwent emergency surgery for a blood clot on the brain.
Eusebio Sacristán was taken to Valladolid general hospital on Thursday after suffering a fall at home. The former Barcelona Dream Team player - now a coach, is undergoing surgery, according to El Norte de Castilla.
Hospital sources confirmed that the operation could last up to three hours. Eusebio was taken down to theatre shortly after midday after spending the night in observation after doctors had discovered a blood clot.
The 56-year-old has been living in Valladolid since 2019 following his spell in charge at Girona. Prior to that, he had coached Celta de Vigo, Barça B and Real Sociedad. During his playing career, he made 267 appearances for Barcelona. He also enjoyed stints at Atlético and Celta before ending his playing days with Real Valladolid.
Te recomendamos en English
- CHELSEA-REAL MADRID Chelsea - Real Madrid: possible starting line-ups for the Champions League
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE What are Christian Pulisic's Champions League stats and records?
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Chelsea 2-0 Real Madrid (3-1 agg): result, goals, summary: Champions League 2020/21
- BOXING What is Floyd Mayweather’s net worth?
- 2021 TAX FILING Biden tax plan calculator: how could your taxes and credits change?
- CORONAVIRUS US Pfizer/BioNtech covid-19 vaccine for kids: ages, who can get and when?
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE How many Champions League finals have Chelsea played in?
- BOXING What is Logan Paul's net worth?
- NFL Brett Farve thinks Rodgers time in Green Bay may be coming to an end
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Will the fourth stimulus check be approved? Can it still happen in May?
- Cornoavirus When will kids under 12 be able to receive a covid-19 vaccine?