"Jovic would have nothing against returning to Frankfurt"
Eintracht Frankfurt coach Adi Hütter did not shy away from feeding speculation surrounding the possible return of Real Madrid striker Luka Jovic to the Bundesliga club.
Speculation surrounding Luka Jovic’s possible return to Eintracht Frankfurt has not stopped of late. With Frankfurt looking to strengthen their attack after the departure of Bas Dost, the name of Jovic has come up on several occasions.
Jovic left Frankfurt for Real Madrid in 2019 but the Serbian has struggled to find a place for himself in Zinedine’s Zidane side. As a result, many in Germany believe that a return to Frankfurt, where he shone in the season before joining Madrid, could be a good option for the player. This includes the head coach of Frankfurt himself, Adi Hütter, who has suggested that Jovic may look favourably on a move back to the Waldstadion.
Hütter on possible Jovic return
When quizzed about the rumours linking Jovic with the team that launched him on to the world stage, Hütter did not shy away from feeding the speculation.
"It is something that has not escaped anyone," said the Frankfurt boss in reference to the Serbian striker’s possible return to Germany.
"He is getting very few minutes at Real Madrid and, surely, he would have nothing against returning to Frankfurt," he added, with his words having even more significance considering that contact between Eintracht and Jovic himself has never ceased since his departure.
Of course, the main obstacle will continue to be the financial one. The German press have highlighted that Frankfurt would be unable to take on the cost of the salary that Jovic is currently earning at Real Madrid. Again, Hütter spoke frankly on the matter. "It is correct what has been written about what Luka earns per year," stressed the Frankfurt coach.
Te recomendamos en English
- DEREK CHAUVIN TRIAL George Floyd verdict and closing arguments: what has defense and prosecution stated?
- PLAYSTATION Horizon Zero Dawn free on PS4 and PS5: date, times and how to download
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS Overpayment of unemployment benefits: should I give it back?
- CORONAVIRUS VACCINE Why has the demand for vaccines decreased in some states of the country?
- OSCARS 2021 Which movies have won the Oscar for Best Picture each year?
- European Super League Florentino Pérez on European Super League: "We are doing this to save football"