Pochettino lands at PSG
Mauricio Pochettino arrived in Paris on New Year's Day to take charge of Paris Saint-Germain ahead of his Ligue 1 debut against Saint-Étienne.
Mauricio Pochettino landed in Paris on 1 January ahead of the Argentinean’s official unveiling as the new manager of Ligue 1 giants PSG. The former Spurs boss, who spent two seasons at the Parc des Princes as a player, has been installed to replace Thomas Tuchel following the German’s dismissal before Christmas and is expected to oversee his first session with Kylian Mbappé, Neymar and the rest of the squad on Sunday ahead of his debut against Saint-Étienne on 6 January.
Pochettino is likely to be officially presented to the media later on Friday after agreeing terms to take over at PSG. What remains to be seen is what the Argentinean intends to do in the January transfer window as he seeks to stamp his own identity on the squad.
Dele Alli and Eriksen on Pochettino's agenda
PSG have been linked with two former Pochettino players in the form of out-of-favour Spurs midfielder Dele Alli and Inter Milan’s Christian Eriksen, who has become disillusioned with a lack of opportunity under Antonio Conte after making the move to San Siro from Tottenham last January.
Pochettino takes over at PSG with the reigning champions a point behind Lille and Lyon in the title race. If he leads the Parisians to success at the end of the 2020-21 campaign, the former international will become the first Argentinean to secure a Ligue 1 title since Canigia at Stade Reims.
The arrival of Pochettino also gives French football its first Argentinean manager since Marcelo Bielsa led Olympique Marseille to fourth place in 2014-15.
Te recomendamos en English
- 2021 TAX FILING How to check your adjusted gross income for tax filing and the third stimulus check
- NFL Roethlisberger to stay with Steelers for 2021 after agreeing new deal
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus check: what's the deadline for the Senate vote?
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks What are automatic stimulus checks and will they become a reality?
- 2021 TAX FILING Tax Return 2021: how to calculate what you pay with income brackets and rates
- 2021 TAX FILING Tax credit for child care: how much it is per child and family?