Zamalek: No formal offers received for Mostafa Mohamed
The Egyptian club played down media reports that they have received several offers for their promising young striker Mostafa Mohamed.
Football supervisor at Zamalek club Ashraf Kassem said that Zamalek haven't received any official offers from European clubs to sign the club's rising star Mostafa Mohamed despite all the emerging rumours.
"Zamalek didn't receive an official offer. We received a letter that wasn't stamped and subsequently wasn't credible". Kassem told Zamalek TV channel.
"All the offers was just talk or through his agent. Zamalek is 100% depending on Mostafa and he is the first choice in his position". He added.
Reports recently suggested that several European clubs showed their interest in signing Zamalek's star striker including French side Saint-Étienne and top Turkish clubs Galatasaray and Fenerbahçe.
Kassem also noted that the club has all the right to maintain its key players "All players dream of playing abroad and becoming like Mohamed Salah and it's definitely a legitimate ambition, but the club also has the right to maintain its talented sons".
Zamalek's administration and the striker haven't been getting along very well recently especially after Mohamed stopped going to training in an attempt to place the club under pressure and urge them to let go of him in January.
Zamalek's affairs are being currently run by an interim three-member committee appointed by the Egyptian ministry of sports after the previous board members were stripped of their duties over alleged financial violations.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Sergio Ramos' stats at Real Madrid: goals, games, cards...
- US Soccer US Soccer reveals 2021 away jerseys by Nike
- NBA Why is Nicola Jokic declining to play with Serbia in Tokyo OIympics?
- NBA How are the All-NBA Teams selected?
- UNEMPLOYMENT SUPPORT Unemployment benefits: how many people will stop receiving the money this week?
- IRS TAX REFUNDS What is IRS TREAS 310 and how is it related to 2020 tax returns?