Zamalek: No formal offers received for Mostafa Mohamed
The Egyptian club played down media reports that they have received several offers for their promising young striker Mostafa Mohamed.
Football supervisor at Zamalek club Ashraf Kassem said that Zamalek haven't received any official offers from European clubs to sign the club's rising star Mostafa Mohamed despite all the emerging rumours.
"Zamalek didn't receive an official offer. We received a letter that wasn't stamped and subsequently wasn't credible". Kassem told Zamalek TV channel.
"All the offers was just talk or through his agent. Zamalek is 100% depending on Mostafa and he is the first choice in his position". He added.
Reports recently suggested that several European clubs showed their interest in signing Zamalek's star striker including French side Saint-Étienne and top Turkish clubs Galatasaray and Fenerbahçe.
Kassem also noted that the club has all the right to maintain its key players "All players dream of playing abroad and becoming like Mohamed Salah and it's definitely a legitimate ambition, but the club also has the right to maintain its talented sons".
Zamalek's administration and the striker haven't been getting along very well recently especially after Mohamed stopped going to training in an attempt to place the club under pressure and urge them to let go of him in January.
Zamalek's affairs are being currently run by an interim three-member committee appointed by the Egyptian ministry of sports after the previous board members were stripped of their duties over alleged financial violations.
Te recomendamos en English
- European championship Zlatan Ibrahimovic back in Sweden team for World Cup qualifiers
- NBA Jazz stars Mitchell and Gobert fined by NBA after outbursts
- REAL MADRID | BENZEMA Benzema: "My life has changed..."
- NFL Eagles' Jason Kelce holds off retirement to return for 2021 season
- NBA All-Star Game Jazz's Conley earns NBA All-Star selection to replace Booker
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks Third stimulus check updates today: when it's coming, Senate votation, status and IRS tax