John Wall happy with Harden link-up in Rockets debut
In his first regular-season appearance since 2018, John Wall enjoyed his Houston Rockets debut and said his job is to make Harden's life easier.
John Wall enjoyed his Houston Rockets debut, saying his job was to make James Harden's life a little easier. In his first regular-season appearance since December 2018, Wall helped the Rockets past the Sacramento Kings 122-119 on Thursday.
Wall finished with 22 points, nine assists and six rebounds, while Harden had 33 points, eight assists and six rebounds.
After his debut for the Rockets, Wall said he enjoyed his connection with Harden. "I think it was cool. I missed some easy shots, trying to get some rust off, no matter how much I practice and play in preseason it's a bit different when you get in real games," the guard told a news conference.
Wall added: "My job here is to help James as much as possible, make it a little easier for him.
"You know when we need a bucket and get to crunch-time situation, you know what he's capable of."
Harden scored 16 fourth-quarter points for the Rockets, who claimed their first win of the season.
The eight-time All-Star was pleased with the win, while praising Wall's performance.
Harden: "He looked really, really good"
"He was extremely aggressive, making plays, defensively getting after it, he looked really, really good, especially not playing in almost two years," Harden said.
"Once we get a rhythm and guys get into their roles and find their best fit for the team, we'll be even better.
"But I'm happy in the last six minutes when it was time to get stops we did and offensively we executed."
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Do you need to work to claim the child tax credit?
- EURO 2020 Germany's Goretzka in race against time for Euros
- EUROPA LEAGUE Manchester United: Harry Maguire doubtful for Europa League final
- STIMULUS CHECKS How much were the first, second and third stimulus checks and when were they sent out?
- US NEWS Third stimulus check: have all payments been issued and paid?
- BARCELONA Barcelona's continual struggles against top teams