Arteta to make Ozil decision at end of transfer window
Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta offered no guarantees to Mesut Ozil, who has yet to feature for the club this season.
Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta will wait until the end of the January transfer window to decide if Mesut Ozil will be part of his squad.
Ozil, 32, was left off Arsenal's Premier League list in October, casting further doubt over his future with his contract expiring at season's end.
Arteta offered no guarantees of a return for Ozil, saying he would make a decision when the window closes on February 1.
"We will see what happens in the transfer window and we will answer that at the end," he told a news conference.
Sokratis Papastathopoulos was also left out of Arsenal's Premier League squad, with the defender's contract also nearing an end.
Arteta, whose side are 13th in the table ahead of Saturday's trip to West Brom, said it was up to players to decide their own futures.
"You have to respect the players' contracts. What you can do, as I said before, is try to be open with them and tell them your intentions, the role that they have in the team and why that is," he said.
"They are entitled to make a decision in their lives because they have a contract here.
"Some would like to move because they are not playing and some would like to stay. And, at the end of the day, that's something that we cannot decide."
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Why weren’t the funds from the $3000/$3600 child tax credit sent with the stimulus check payments?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Golden State Stimulus: How to claim the extra $500 under the California Comeback Plan
- Boxing Boxing legend Mike Tyson believes that Floyd Mayweather is going to win against Logan Paul
- Coronavirus Pfizer Vaccine Approval: When and where can children 12-15 get vaccinated?
- CORONAVIRUS US How to score the Clear Health Pass covid-19 vaccine passport?
- CORONAVIRUS US Covid-19 vaccine for tourists in New York: how much and where can people get it?