Alphonso Davies named in L'Equipe's 2020 World XI
The Canadian footballer helped FC Bayern Munich win the treble last season and he was included in the French newspaper's all-star line-up.
Alphonso Davies is one of four current FC Bayern Munich players that were included in the all-star team chosen by L’Equipe based on their performances during the 2019/2020 season. The Canadian helped Bayern win the Bundesliga, UEFA Champions League and DFB-Pokal last season and many considered him the best left-back in the world.
Previously, Davies was named in the FIFPRO men’s World XI, becoming the first North American to be voted onto the all-star team by his colleagues. The French newspaper also included Bayern's Manuel Neuer, Joshua Kimmich and Robert Lewandowski, in addition to Thiago Alcántara, who left the Bavarians for Liverpool in the summer.
There was no space for Messi in L’Equipe’s 2020 World XI. pic.twitter.com/Dma5lnKNl7— ESPN FC (@ESPNFC) January 4, 2021
Davies "dropped his level"
Last year Davies was usually in Bayern’s starting XI, but this season things have changed as coach Hansi Flick has opted to start Lucas Hernández in the majority of the games. When asked about the 20-year-old, Flick said his level has dipped compared to last season.
An ankle injury also kept him off the pitch for several weeks and in this current season he has made 12 appearances in all competitions. In the Bundesliga he has been in the starting XI six times and has been brought on as a substitute once.
Te recomendamos en English
- NBA NBA Draft Lottery: What time is it, TV channel, and how to watch it online today?
- NBA When was the last time the Bucks were in the Eastern NBA Conference Finals?
- US NEWS What is a primary election?
- US NEWS When are the NYC mayor elections held?
- Olympic Games How much do Olympic medals cost?
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: can it be approved in June? Tax refund, $3,600 Child Tax Credit portal...