Real Madrid lead race to land Bayern's David Alaba
Reports in the UK claim that Real Madrid are the frontrunners to sign David Alaba, who is set to leave Bayern this summer after 12 years at the Bundesliga club.
David Alaba is reportedly edging closer to a move to Real Madrid. The Austrian defender’s contract with Bayern Munich expires in June, which means the 28-year-old is free to speak to other clubs and there has been no shortage of interested parties.
Among those most interested is Real Madrid, who is leading the race to sign Alaba and could close the operation in the coming weeks, according to The Guardian and other media reports in the UK.
Madrid’s current leading position comes down to two key factors. First is the generous offer and four-year contract that the LaLiga club is willing to put on the table. Secondly and most importantly is the fact that Alaba’s dream is to play in the white of Madrid. The Bernabéu board have tried to sign him in the past but see that now could be the ideal moment, especially considering the uncertain future of Sergio Ramos at Madrid.
Alaba remains open to offers beyond Real Madrid
However, The Guardian also warns that nothing is closed with Madrid, and the footballer's camp is still listening to offers from other clubs.
Among the other candidates is Jürgen Klopp's Liverpool, who are looking to bolster their defensive options. Ultimately, it will not only be the salary but also the transfer bonuses, both for the player and for his agent, Pini Zahavi, that will significantly influence the final decision.
What is certain is Alaba's desire to leave Bayern after 12 years at the Allianz Arena. The player is ready for a new challenge but has wanted to see out his contract at the club where he has won two Champions League titles.
Te recomendamos en English
- TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR Mason to take charge of Spurs until end of season
- FOOTBALL FIFA and Infantino 'strongly disapprove' of breakaway competition
- NBA Heat Check: Curry serves up points aplenty, Herro goes cold in Miami
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: child tax credit date, plus up payments in third check, how to claim
- ALFREDO RELAÑO UEFA and the European Super League bare their teeth
- FOOTBALL Bayern Munich eye France midfielder Camavinga