Besiktas want to re-sign Mohamed Elneny on loan
Reports claim that the Turkish side are interested in signing Arsenal midfielder Elneny on loan with Thomas Partey set to return from injury.
According to reports, Besiktas are preparing an offer to secure the services of Egyptian midfielder Mohamed Elneny on loan in January with Arsenal's Thomas Partey preparing to return to the pitch following his recovery.
Elneny has been in good form for the Gunners this season and played 19 games in all competitions. However, Thomas' return may jeopardize his place in Mikel Arteta's starting line-up.
Elneny played for Besiktas last season, impressing fans of the Turkish giants over 36 appearances in all competitions. Besiktas are now hoping to reunite with Elneny by offering the player a loan deal to secure his services in January.
Besiktas might be Elneny's best option
Some observers have suggested that Elneny's potential return to Besiktas might be his best option as Arteta has made no secret of his intention to favour Thomas, who he believes will help the team's upturn in form.
“We've been missing him. He brings something different to the team, he's a player with enormous talent. But as well someone that can transform the team the way we want." Arteta said of Thomas' imminent return.
“It's great if we can have him, keep him healthy and I think he will contribute in a really positive way." He added.
The 27-year-old Ghanaian joined Arsenal last summer from Atlético Madrid for £45million before sustaining a thigh injury that has sidelined him for the last six fixtures.
Te recomendamos en English
- Liverpool Klopp: Mbappe, Haaland will think twice if Liverpool can't offer Champions League football
- CSL Chinese Super League counts the cost of the boom years
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid, Liverpool and Juve keen on Lyon's Houssem Aouar
- NBA NBA All-Star weekend: who were the Hall of Famers in 2020?
- CORONAVIRUS Biden criticises “Neanderthal” decision to remove mask mandates
- COPA DEL REY Barcelona vs Sevilla: result, summary and goals