Mourinho: "Son is a special player and special human"
Son Heung-min was again lauded by Tottenham head coach Jose Mourinho after Spurs recorded a 2-0 win over Brentford.
Jose Mourinho labelled Son Heung-min a "special player" after Tottenham reached the EFL Cup final on Tuesday.
Moussa Sissoko and Son scored as Spurs recorded a 2-0 win over Brentford, who were reduced to 10 men after Josh Dasilva's late red card.
Only Harry Kane (17) has scored more goals in all competitions this season than Son (16) among Premier League players.
Mourinho lauded the forward, who had more key passes (three) and shots on target (two) than any other player against Brentford.
"That's the humility of a player. That's Sonny. That's the human nature. He's like that. Some other guys they are not like that. For him it's the team," the Spurs head coach told a news conference.
"For him, for [Harry] Kane, for Lucas [Moura], for many the team is first and of course we depend a lot on the characteristics of some players. Sonny is one of them.
"He had two chances. He had a good volley. I saw the ball in the net but unfortunately, I was wrong and the ball went out. Then he faced the keeper in a difficult moment of the game, where the game is open.
"The opponent is trying and pushing and he goes and he kills the game. So special player but also a special human being."
Spurs' next outing is a trip to non-league side Marine in the FA Cup on Sunday.
Te recomendamos en English
- 2021 MLS SEASON Inter Miami: 2021 MLS regular-season schedule
- SERIE A Cristiano Ronaldo missing for Juventus' trip to Atalanta
- QATAR 2022 Tim Cahill, aiming for success in new Aspire Academy role
- COPA DEL REY Copa del Rey winners list: who has lifted the most Copas?
- BASEBALL Dodgers blow as Cody Bellinger suffers hairline fracture in left fibula
- NBA Simmons backs Embiid for MVP: "I don't know how to stop him!"