Semi-final first leg between Boca and Santos ends goalless
Boca Juniors' semi-final first leg against Santos finished goalless at La Bombonera with the tie to be decided next week in Brazil.
Boca Juniors were held to a 0-0 draw by Santos in the first leg of their Copa Libertadores semi-final on Wednesday.
Neither team was able to find a breakthrough in a cagey clash at La Bombonera.
The goalless draw, in which there were just four shots on target, leaves the tie wide open ahead of the return leg in Santos on January 13.
Sebastian Villa hit the crossbar for six-time champions Boca in the eighth minute, although the forward was offside.
Both teams pushed for a goal but struggled to create much of note.
Santos, who last reached the Libertadores final in 2011, had a late penalty shout turned down after Marinho appeared to be brought down by Carlos Izquierdoz.
Te recomendamos en English
- COPA AMERICA Uruguay fire blank in Argentina loss but Tabarez's legend grows
- EURO 2020 Portugal in form but can Ronaldo, Santos and co be fun?
- REAL MADRID Pau Torres, a future option for Real Madrid
- SERIE A Mourinho ready for Roma challenge after past mistakes
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid ready to sell Jovic
- NBA Which teams have played in the NBA Eastern Conference finals the most?