Former Barcelona player involved in pro-Trump DC protest
David Wood who played with the FC Barcelona basketball side in the ACB during the 89-90 season was one of the many pro-Donald Trump protesters in Washington DC on Wednesday.
On Wednesday 6 January a pro-Trump group of sympathisers marched from the White House towards Capitol Hill, overwhelmed the meagre police presence and disrupted a Congressional session held to certify the electoral victory of President-elect Joe Biden.
A splinter group then broke through barricades, scaled the walls and smashed through windows before chasing elected lawmakers away from the heart of American democracy. Rioters, waving flags in support of President Trump, Make America Great Again and the Confederate flag, made it into the chambers of both the Senate and the House of Representatives.
One of the many Donald Trump supporters present was David Wood, a former professional basketball player who in his time in Spain's Liga ACB played for five different sides. The 56-year-old Wood is a self confessed admirer of Donald Trump and posted a series of photographs outside Capitol Hill.
In his time in Spain, Wood won a league title with Barcelona in the 1989-90 season and then the Spokane born moved to Taugrés Vitoria (91-92). His final years as a professional player saw the former power forward wear the shirt of: Unicaja Málaga, Murcia, Canarias Telecom and Jabones Pardo Fuenlabrada. He played for the United States team at the 1998 Athens World Championships securing a bronze medal and in recent times has come to prominence for his highly conservative political views.
Latest news and updates from Washington DC
Follow the latest news and updates here following Wednesday's pro-Trump invasion at Capitol
Te recomendamos en English
- NBA 76ers vs Pacers live online: scores, stats, highlights, updates...
- US News Why weren’t the funds from the $3000/$3600 child tax credit sent with the stimulus check payments?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Golden State Stimulus: How to claim the extra $500 under the California Comeback Plan
- Boxing Boxing legend Mike Tyson believes that Floyd Mayweather is going to win against Logan Paul
- OLYMPICS 2021 | TENNIS Andy Murray targets peak for Wimbledon and Olympics
- Coronavirus Pfizer Vaccine Approval: When and where can children 12-15 get vaccinated?