Former Barcelona player involved in pro-Trump DC protest
David Wood who played with the FC Barcelona basketball side in the ACB during the 89-90 season was one of the many pro-Donald Trump protesters in Washington DC on Wednesday.
On Wednesday 6 January a pro-Trump group of sympathisers marched from the White House towards Capitol Hill, overwhelmed the meagre police presence and disrupted a Congressional session held to certify the electoral victory of President-elect Joe Biden.
A splinter group then broke through barricades, scaled the walls and smashed through windows before chasing elected lawmakers away from the heart of American democracy. Rioters, waving flags in support of President Trump, Make America Great Again and the Confederate flag, made it into the chambers of both the Senate and the House of Representatives.
One of the many Donald Trump supporters present was David Wood, a former professional basketball player who in his time in Spain's Liga ACB played for five different sides. The 56-year-old Wood is a self confessed admirer of Donald Trump and posted a series of photographs outside Capitol Hill.
In his time in Spain, Wood won a league title with Barcelona in the 1989-90 season and then the Spokane born moved to Taugrés Vitoria (91-92). His final years as a professional player saw the former power forward wear the shirt of: Unicaja Málaga, Murcia, Canarias Telecom and Jabones Pardo Fuenlabrada. He played for the United States team at the 1998 Athens World Championships securing a bronze medal and in recent times has come to prominence for his highly conservative political views.
Latest news and updates from Washington DC
Follow the latest news and updates here following Wednesday's pro-Trump invasion at Capitol
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Third stimulus check updates today: when will we get $1400 | House passed $1.9 trillion bill: live
- PREMIER LEAGUE We were lucky - City boss praises West Ham after landmark win
- BARCELONA Barcelona player ratings after comfortable Sevilla win
- NFL Is a trade between Russell Wilson and Dak Prescott possible?
- NBA Raptors roll on as Spain coach Scariolo fills in for absent Nurse
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS House approves Biden relief bill: what are the next steps and when will stimulus check will passed?