Real Madrid consider Raúl the natural heir to Zidane
Liverpool continue to be linked with defenders this January – and Real Madrid captain Sergio Ramos is among them.
Liverpool are reportedly interested in Sergio Ramos, while Real Madrid have a successor for Zinedine Zidane lined up.
Premier League champions Liverpool are linked with centre-backs due to long-term injuries to Virgil van Dijk and Joe Gomez. And Ramos is apparently a target.
Liverpool interested in Ramos
Liverpool are interested in Real Madrid centre-back Ramos, according to El Chiringuito.
The 34-year-old's future at Madrid is uncertain with his contract expiring at the end of the season.
Also at Liverpool, Fabrizio Romano reports they are yet to open talks to sign Lille defender Sven Botman.
January transfer window round-up
- Zidane was under pressure at Real Madrid earlier in the season, and the LaLiga giants have his replacement in mind. AS reports Raúl – who is in charge of Real Madrid Castilla – is seen as the natural heir to the Frenchman.
- Christian Eriksen is expected to leave Inter, but just where to remains to be seen. CalcioMercato reports the Serie A giants are yet to receive an offer for the midfielder, who has been linked to Paris Saint-Germain and Arsenal.
- With Diego Costa having departed, Atletico Madrid are said to be looking for another forward. The Daily Mail reports Napoli striker Arkadiusz Milik is at the top of their list, while Espanyol's Raúl de Tomás and Real Betis' Loren Moron are of interest.
- Manchester City are linked to Lionel Messi, but they may have a younger version to target. talkSPORT reports the Premier League club are plotting a move for 17-year-old Estudiantes winger Dario Sarmiento, who has been dubbed "mini Messi".
- Sergio Romero looks set to leave Manchester United. The Manchester Evening News reports the goalkeeper has bid farewell to his team-mates ahead of an expected move to Boca Juniors.
Te recomendamos en English
- LIGUE 1 | ROTHEN Mbappé attitude under scrutiny amid Pochettino comments
- PORTUGAL Pepe recalls landing in Portugal from Brazil: "Have you anything to eat? I don't have any money..."
- NBA Lakers cruise as Bucks, Celtics extend winning streaks
- NBA James Harden confident about Durant, Irving connection: "We're all unselfish"
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Koeman's Super Cup plans depend on Messi
- CORONAVIRUS What's the difference between the third stimulus check & Biden's rescue plan?